Cisco IT Essentials (ITE v6.0 + v7.0) Chapter 14 Exam Answers 100% – Join the growing IT workforce of tomorrow. Learn about the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum, learning platform, support & training.on healthyguide we provide solution to almost all exam answers today we provide anwers to Chapter 14 Exam Answers 100%.
How to find ANSWER/QUESTION:
Press “Ctrl + F” in the browser and fill in whatever wording is in the question to find that question/answer.Advertisement
NOTE: If you have a new question for this test, please leave a comment in the form below with the question and multiple-choice list. We will respond to your questions as soon as possible. Thank you very much! Your contribution to the website is greatly appreciated.Related Articles
- Psychometric (Ipcentre) Gns 106 AnswersSeptember 25, 2022
- Cisco IT Essentials 7.0 Final Exam (Chapters 1-9) Answers FullSeptember 23, 2022
- Cisco ITE v7.0 Certification Checkpoint Exam #5 Chapters 12-13 Exam AnswersSeptember 22, 2022
- Cisco IT Essentials (ITE v6.0 + v7.0) Chapter 13 Exam Answers 100%September 22, 2022
Cisco IT Essentials (ITE v6.0 + v7.0) Chapter 14 Exam Answers 100%
1. What is a common responsibility of a level one call center technician?
- entering a concise description of a customer problem into a ticketing system
- remotely connecting to customer devices and implementing driver and software updates
- calling back customers and asking additional questions to solve the problem
- receiving escalated work orders from a lower level technician
Explanation: The primary responsibility of a level one technician is to gather pertinent information from a customer and to enter the information into a work order or ticket system.
2. Which two programming languages require the program to be converted into executable code using a compiler? (Choose two.)
Explanation: Compiled languages like C, C++, C#, and Java need to be converted into executable code using a compiler.
3. A programmer used an operator to compare values within a program and the resulting logical data type was “false”. Which test condition would have provided the result of “false”?
- 8 != 8
- 4 >= 1
- 3 == 3
== represents equal
!= represents not equal
< represents less than
> represents greater than
<=r epresents less than or equal to
>= represents greater than or equal to
Because 8 is equal to 8, and the != operator is used, the resulting output is “false”.
4. What is the definition of a script file?
- A simple file with a single statement that loops repeatedly.
- A file that is compiled and translated into machine language before executing.
- A simple text file used to automate processes and tasks.
- A file that is the output of a conditional statement.
Explanation: A script file is a simple text file written in a form of scripting languages to automate processes and tasks on various operating systems. The commands can be entered on the command line one at a time. A script file, however, provides a more effective way to execute multiple commands.
5. A system administrator needs to perform manual updates on a remote Linux workstation using a Windows 10 PC. Which remote access tool should the administrator use to securely access and configure the Linux device across the network?
- Telnet client
- Windows Remote Desktop client
- Windows Remote Assistance client
- SSH client
Explanation: The Windows administrator should use Secure Shell (SSH) TCP port 22. SSH allows the administrator to connect remotely and securely to the Linux workstation in order to safely authenticate and then perform updates on the workstation.
6. A technician is attempting to securely configure a Linux web server on the public-facing side of the firewall. What port type and number are most likely required to be open on the firewall to allow this traffic through?
- UDP port 23
- TCP port 23
- TCP port 22
- UDP port 22
- TCP port 3389
- UDP port 3389
Explanation: Secure Shell (SSH) is a secure remote service that encrypts the entire session. The port number for SSH is TCP port 22.
7. A worker in the records department of a hospital in the United States accidentally sends a patient’s medical record to a printer in another department. When the worker arrives at the printer, the patient record printout is missing. Which two types of compliance standards best match the breach of confidentiality? (Choose two.)
Explanation: Both protected Health Information (PHI) and Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) includes patient name, addresses, visiting dates and more. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulates and provides severe penalties for breaches of PHI and ePHI.
8. What are two examples of personally identifiable information (PII)? (Choose two.)
- credit card number
- first name
- street address
- language preference
- IP address
Explanation: Personally identifiable information (PII) is any data that could potentially identify and track a specific individual. A credit card number and street address are the best examples of PII.
9. What is the definition of cyber law?
- a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
- the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals
- a contract that defines expectations between an organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
- the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
Explanation: Cyber law describes the collection of international, regional, country, and state laws that affect computer security professionals.
10. What is a characteristic of the open source license of an application software?
- It requires registration instead of purchasing.
- It cannot be used for campus-wide deployment.
- It allows users to modify and share the source code.
- It does not require purchase in order to use the software.
- It requires acknowledged completion of a professional training course prior to use.
Explanation: An open source license is a copyright license for software that allows developers to modify and share the source code that runs the software. Open source software could be free to use or require purchase. In either case, users have access to the source code. Open source software could be used as personal software or deployed enterprise wide. User registration is an encouraged optional feature.
11. Which statement is characteristic of most personal software licenses?
- Developers are allowed to modify and share the source code that runs the software.
- A company is allowed to use the software campus wide.
- A user is allowed to share the software with friends.
- A user is allowed to install the software on only one computer.
Explanation: Most personal software licenses allow a user to run the software on only one PC. Some personal software licenses allow a user to copy the software onto multiple PCs. These licenses usually specify that the copies cannot be run at the same time. Some personal software licenses are for commercial products that require purchase. There are personal software licenses for open source software that are free to use. Personal software licenses are intended for personal use of the product. Software to be deployed campus wide needs site licenses or enterprise licenses.
12. What two actions should a call center technician avoid when dealing with an angry customer? (Choose two.)
- spending time explaining what caused the problem
- putting the customer on hold or transferring the call
- apologizing for any inconvenience caused to the customer
- sympathizing with the customer
- letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
Explanation: When dealing with an angry customer a technician can help the customer focus on the problem by:Letting the customer explain the problem without interruption
Sympathizing with the customer
Apologizing for inconvenience
The technician should avoid further angering the customer by:Putting the customer on hold
Explaining what caused the problem
13. A technician is troubleshooting a PC in a workplace environment and finds many pirated movies on the hard drive. What should the technician do?
- Make a copy of all the pirated content and send it to the law enforcement authorities.
- Advise the user that downloading pirated content is illegal and that the user should refrain from doing so.
- Remove the pirated content and document all work done.
- Report the findings through the proper channels.
Explanation: On discovering illegal activity on a PC, the technician should report it through the proper channels as per company policy.
14. A support desk trainer is teaching a new support desk technician some basic rules about starting a conversation with a customer. Which statement describes the rules the trainer should be teaching?
- Ask the customer what the problem is and then introduce yourself.
- Learn the name of the customer and create a connection with the customer. Next ask questions that assess the knowledge level of the customer.
- Start by asking close-ended questions about what the customer understands of the problem and then direct the customer through the correction process.
- Assess what the customer knows of the support desk process and then use close-ended questions to guide the customer through the correction process.
Explanation: The three rules to remember at the beginning of a conversation with a customer are these:Know your customer
Create a one to one connection with your customer.
Understand the knowledge level of your customer
15. A customer is angry and calls to complain that the service scheduled on the computer took longer than expected. The technician reviews the work order and notices that the service was performed by a new employee. How should the technician respond?
- Verify that the computer is working properly now.
- Listen to the complaint and then apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lengthy service on the computer.
- Explain that the repair technician sent to perform the service is inexperienced.
- Put the customer on hold until a supervisor is available.
Explanation: When dealing with an angry customer, listen and without interrupting let the customer explain the problem. Show sympathy. Apologize for the problem and its inconvenience.
16. Which task would require that a problem be escalated to a level two technician?
- changing CMOS settings
- cleaning a mouse
- changing toner cartridges
- checking loose external cables
Explanation: Straightforward tasks such as cleaning the mouse, changing printer toner, and checking cables can be managed by a level one technician. Typically, more complex tasks such as changing CMOS settings and running diagnostic software would be escalated to a level two technician.
17. A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
- Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
- Allow the customer to speak without interruption and then try to use closed-ended questions to gather data.
- Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
- Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.
Explanation: If a customer is too talkative, the technician should not interrupt the customer but attempt to regain control of the call by asking closed ended questions after customer is through speaking.
18. What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
- Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
- Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.
- Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
- Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
Explanation: When a problem cannot be resolved within a predetermined amount of time, the level one technician prepares an escalated work order. The level two technician receives the escalated work order with the description of the problem. The level two technician then calls the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.
19. Which two rules pertain to the general daily activities of employees in a call center environment? (Choose two.)
- If a technician takes a call from a customer the technician does not like, the technician should pass the call to another technician.
- The technician should be sure to treat all customers equally.
- If a customer complains about another technician, the technician who is taking the call should agree with opinion of the customer.
- The technician should adjust the work chair to a height that is high enough so that wrists angle downwards toward the keyboard.
- The technician should contact the customer if the technician is going to be late for a follow-up appointment.
Explanation: There are rules that call centers generally use to cover the daily activities of their employees. These rules are designed to ensure that there is always adequate coverage for incoming calls, and that the customer is not unduly inconvenienced when working with the call center employees. A high rate of customer satisfaction is always a primary goal of any call center.
20. What does a technician need in order to make changes to software installed on the computer of a customer?
- the authorization of a more senior technician
- customer authorization
- verification that the software is legal
- two witnesses
Explanation: To make any changes to a computer, a technician needs authorization from the customer. The presence of either another technician or other witnesses does not entitle the technician to either install or modify software, even if it is legal.
21. Which is true regarding the treatment of customer property?
- A technician does not have to care about copies of customer files because it is not the original.
- A customer’s phone list is customer property and must be kept private.
- Customer property is limited to hardware.
- Data left on a customer’s PC is not property because it is visible to others.
Explanation: All customer property is important, including files, phone lists, hardware and other data, and should be treated with respect. Any data should be considered as private and confidential.
22. During computer forensics investigations, which type of data is lost when power is removed from the computer?
- data that is stored on solid state drives
- data that is stored in RAM
- data that is stored on magnetic disk
- data that is stored to an external drive
Explanation: Volatile data that is contained in cache, RAM, and CPU registers is lost when power is removed from the computer.
23. Why is a chain of custody important in a cyber crime case?
- It authenticates evidence.
- It ensures conviction
- It proves guilt.
- It protects copyrighted materials.
Explanation: Evidence must be authenticated before it can be admitted in court. A chain of custody helps to authenticate the evidence by preventing tampering.
24. When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
- evidence tampering
- copying of copyrighted materials
- cyber crime
- identity theft
Explanation: A chain of custody created with accurate documentation can prevent evidence tampering so that the integrity of the evidence can be assured.
25. Which statement best describes a call center?
- It is a busy, fast-paced work environment where agents contact customers to arrange preventive maintenance appointments.
- It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
- It is a place that exists within a company and provides computer support to both employees and customers of the company.
- It is a store-front environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
Explanation: A call center is a place that customers call to report problems with software or hardware. It may be an independent business that sells computer support as a service or it may exist within a company and offer service to both employees of the company and outside customers that use company products.
26. What is a typical task performed by a level one technician in a call center?
- gathering information when a customer calls for help
- solving the problem that might require opening up the computer case
- using remote access software to troubleshoot the customer computer
- picking up an escalated work order and calling the customer for further information
Explanation: The primary responsibility of a level one technician is to gather information from the customer. The level one technician needs to accurately enter all the information into the work order. When the problems are very simple to resolve, a level one technician can take care of these without escalating the work order. However, when a problem requires the expertise of a level two technician, the level one technician initiates an escalated work order so that a level two technician will be involved to solve the problem.
27. What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
- when the equipment needs to be rebooted
- when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed
- when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
- when a peripheral device needs to be replaced
Explanation: A technician should always follow company policies for problem escalation, but in general a problem should be escalated to a level two technician anytime it involves an advanced procedure that could cause serious damage to user equipment, data loss, or cause a widespread outage. Also, if the technician does not have the necessary skills or tools to troubleshoot an issue effectively, the issue should be escalated to a level two technician.
28. Which change management process component is concerned with the cost and resources necessary for implementation?
Explanation: There are several change management process components that help changes, installations, and upgrades go more easily. The assessment component identifies the business processes that are affected and the costs and resources required.
29. Which type of documentation is concerned with specifying what data must be collected and how long it must be retained in regards to an organization?
- user documentation
Explanation: There are four broad categories of IT documentation: policies, operations, projects, and user documentation. Policy documentation is concerned with regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
30. Which are two examples of good customer service? (Choose two.)
- A technician follows up with a customer after services are completed.
- A technician notifies a customer as soon as possible that there may be a delay.
- A technician repeatedly encourages a customer to agree to a product warranty.
- A technician continually reminds the customer that an issue was due to customer neglect.
- A technician speaks slowly and uses common industry jargon and terms with the customer.
Explanation: Good customer service means meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers expect service technicians to be on time and to communicate if they will be late. Customers also appreciate a follow up communication after service is rendered.
IT Essentials v6.0:
1. A technician discovers that RAID has stopped working. Which two situations could cause this issue? (Choose two.)
- The external RAID controller loses power.
- The RAID controller fails.
- The cables connected to the hard drive are connected incorrectly.
- One of the hard drives fails.
- RAID has been configured incorrectly.
2. A technician is upgrading an older PC with a dual core CPU. When the PC restarts, it is slower than it was before the upgrade. The Performance tab from the Task Manager displays only one CPU graph. What is the most probable solution to this problem?
- Update the BIOS firmware to support the dual core CPU.
- Increase the amount of RAM available.
- Replace the HDD with a higher capacity hard drive.
- Overclock the CPU.
3. What is a symptom of a printer fuser that needs to be replaced?
- Toner is coming off printed pages.
- Paper is not feeding into the printer correctly.
- Pages are printing with ghost images.
- Vertical lines are printed on every page
4. What is a probable cause of a printer producing pages with ghost images?
- a worn drum wiper
- a damaged pickup roller
- not enough memory
- an incorrect print driver
5. What corrective action should be taken on a printer that prints unknown characters?
- Reinstall the driver.
- Increase the memory.
- Replace the drum wiper.
- Replace the fuser.
6. Users in an office complain that they are receiving “Document failed to print” messages when trying to print to a network printer. What is a likely problem?
- The printer toner is low.
- The printer drum is dirty.
- The printer is configured with an incorrect IP address.
- The printer does not have enough memory.
7. A user has not updated an application for over two years and has just updated to the newest release on the workstation. The user notices, however, that the software with the newest release is operating very slowly. The other applications on the workstation are operating normally. What is a possible cause?
- The BIOS needs to be updated.
- The computer has a virus.
- The computer does not have enough RAM.
- The workstation does not have a compatible driver installed.
8. A technician adds a new optical drive to a computer but the optical drive is not recognized by the computer. The technician thinks that the BIOS firmware needs to be updated and updates the CMOS. However, the computer fails to start. What is a possible solution?
- Download a different set of drivers for the newly installed hardware.
- Contact the motherboard manufacturer to obtain a new CMOS chip.
- Attach external power to the newly installed hardware.
- Change the boot order in the BIOS to include the optical drive.
9. A computer repeatedly locks without any error message. Which two conditions may be the cause of the problem? (Choose two.)
- The index service is not running.
- The computer has a virus.
- An update has corrupted the operating system.
- The UAC has been turned off.
- The user has breached the user security policy.
- The CPU needs to be upgraded.
10. What usually causes the BSOD in the Windows OS?
- CPU overheating
- a fragmented hard drive
- insufficient RAM
- device driver compatibility errors
11. A user reports that WiFi is not working on a laptop. A technician checks the laptop and notices that the wireless networking icon is missing from the notification area of the task bar. The technician tries to turn the wireless switch on the laptop on and off. However, the wireless NIC is still not displayed. What should be done next to troubleshoot this issue?
- Replace the NIC with one that is known to work.
- Configure wireless networking in the System Information tool.
- Add the NIC to the system in the Devices and Printers control panel.
- Activate the NIC in the BIOS or UEFI settings.
12. What are two reasons that a workstation would begin to lock up frequently? (Choose two.)
- failing RAM
- an overheating CPU
- an incorrect display setting
- indexing service running too long
- issues with the uninstallation of an application
13. A PC is not able to connect to a wired network. Pinging the loopback address is successful, but the gateway cannot be reached. On the network switch all the interface lights are on, except for the interface connected to the PC. The LED on the network card is off. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The gateway needs to be fixed.
- The network cable is faulty.
- The network switch is faulty.
- The PC has an incorrect IP address for the DNS server.
14. Users in a recently installed wireless network are complaining of slow data transfer and frequent loss of connectivity. The technician checks that the wireless security is correctly implemented, and there is no evidence of unauthorized users on the network. Which two problems might the technician suspect? (Choose two.)
- There is interference from outside sources.
- The DHCP server is faulty.
- The wireless signal is too weak.
- The antenna on the access point is too powerful.
- The network passwords need to be reissued to the users.
15. A user can send email to other people in the office successful but is unable to receive any email. What is a possible cause of this issue?
- The computer has incorrect POP3 or IMAP settings.
- The computer has incorrect SMTP settings.
- The computer has a full outbox.
- The computer has a wrong username or password configured to receive email.
16. ipconfig, the technician notices that all of them have an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The Internet connection is down.
- The DHCP server is not operational.
- The gateway address is incorrect.
- The DNS server is not operational.
17. Which network server is malfunctioning if a user can ping the IP address of a web server but cannot ping the web server host name?
- the DNS server
- the DHCP server
- the FTP server
- the HTTP server
18. What command can a technician use on a computer to see if DNS is functioning properly?
- net share
- net use
19. An administrator deploys wireless access points across the office to provide wireless network connectivity to users. Each workstation receives an IP address via DHCP. After a file server with a static IP is connected to the wired network, the administrator receives an IP address conflict message. What is a possible solution?
- Restart the DHCP server.
- Change the IP address of the file server with the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands.
- Change the static IP configured on the file server.
- Connect the file server to the wireless network.
20. A computer displays this message when the computer boots: “MBR has been changed or modified.” What could cause this problem?
- A boot sector virus has altered the master boot record.
- A virus has altered the Windows kernel.
- The CMOS battery has failed.
- A RAM module is not fully inserted into the memory slot.
21. A technician is troubleshooting a Windows 7 laptop infected with a virus that has damaged the master boot record. The technician has booted the laptop using the installation media and is attempting to repair the laptop from the command line interface. Which two commands can the technician use to repair the corrupt master boot record? (Choose two.)
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /fixmbr
22. A user reports that all of the software applications operate very slowly every day around 9:30 a.m. A couple of hours later, the computer operates normally for the rest of the day. What is the most likely cause?
- The computer is infected with a virus or malware.
- The computer network is experiencing congestion at those times.
- The computer is being scanned by the antivirus software on a specified schedule.
- The computer is missing a required driver.
23. A group of users is unable to connect to the network. When testing several of the PCs and issuing the command ipconfig, the technician notices that all of them have an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
- The DHCP server is not operational.
- The gateway address is incorrect.
- The Internet connection is down.
- The DNS server is not operational.
- Navigation Bar